New XiphQT Quicktime Components
Development of the XIPHQT Quicktime Components continues with the addition of version 0.1.5. With this version comes a FLAC decoder and Intel MAC support along with various fixes and improvements.
- Universal Binary - XiphQT now works on both PPC and Intel Macs;
- FLAC - FLAC decoder and importer for Ogg FLAC (no support for native FLAC file format yet)
- Theora - Theora decoder and importer; this is the youngest component - some glitches are expected.
Fixes & improvements
- meta-data - XiphQT is now able to import user tags for all supported Xiph formats;
- small audio decoding performance improvements: audio samples are now decoded in larger chunks - decreased polling frequency and associated overhead, release binaries are bow built with compiler optimisation flags switched on;
- increased offsets accuracy for chained Vorbis and Speex streams;
- fixed a bug in Speex decoder that prevented many valid Speex files from being properly decoded.
- fixed a bug causing audible clicks near beginning of Vorbis and Speex files.